fot

Re: [Fot] TR6 Performance upgrades

To: "Lorne Fritz" <lfritz82@hotmail.com>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] TR6 Performance upgrades
From: "Kas Kastner" <kaskas@cox.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2008 08:14:22 -0700
I think you should have long talk about a short subject with your customer.
Recognizing that compression is by far the easiest way to power increases as
it starts with rev one and goes right on until you run out of rev bravery.

My point is that the COST of doing something such as supercharging or adding
fuel injection will cost probably a couple thousand dollars at a minimum.
Figure hi octane gas will cost about 20 cents per gallon over regular.
Unless you are driving this TR-6 on a long commute EVERYDAY it will take
years of gas cost savings to ever make up the initial cost of the injection
or supercharging. And, by the way you are not going to get away with regular
fuel with a supercharger either. I designed and manufactured turbo kits for
years in my private company ( Arkay Inc.) and even with PREMIUM gas we had
to add water injection to every kit .

You can mill the head  enough to bring it to 9.5 compression, add a small
street short overlap camshaft, headers and the S.U. carbs or a triple
manifold from "GoodParts" and headers and you'll have really nice performing
car  on the road and reliable. After the head mill and valve grind and
headers you can add the other parts as time passes and you have more funds.
The compression will be felt when you leave the garage. Just as an added
feature the increase in compression will IMPROVE the mileage.