fot

[Fot] Watkins Glen 4-7 Sept

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] Watkins Glen 4-7 Sept
From: "John Macartney" <standardtriumph@btinternet.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2008 21:14:00 +0100
Guys

I want to try and be there if I can - subject to wife's health and being able
to get a US visa
quickly. Your combined thoughts (off-list to avoid swamping it might be
better?) regarding travel
would be appreciated.

1. What is the closest international airport to the Glen? Currently I'm
checking fares out of the UK
from BHX, LGW and LHR to the various airports in New York state - i.e. JFK, NYC
and La Guardia. If I
do opt for a New York airport, is there anyone on the list travelling to the
Glen from that general
area from whom I could bum a lift? Happy to meet fuel costs if this will help.

2. If I can't get a lift, everyone's recommendations on the cheapest car rental
firm would be
appreciated. I want something small and cheap like a VW Golf/Rabbit.

3. What's the approximate driving time from New York to the Glen or from any
other usable airport to
the Glen?

Looking forward to your thoughts

Cheers, Jonmac

Originator of The Triumph Trans-America Charity Drive 2009
www.triumphtransamerica.org.uk

An event for full TRIUMPH Enthusiast participation