fot

Re: [Fot] Pistons

To: westerneagleracing@att.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] Pistons
From: Bill Babcock <billbab@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2008 10:56:28 -0700
Did you figure out what burned the holes? That would usually be an air
leak, but it could be detonation. You tell by looking at the pistons.
Look online for pictures of pistons with detonation vs. air leak--easy
to tell.

I like the pistons that Ken Gillanders sells, whatever they are. I
think they're wisecos, but I'm not sure. You need to do a through
cleaning of the engine after a piston holing. Lots of junk gets into
the bottom end.
On Jul 8, 2008, at 9:45 AM, westerneagleracing@att.net wrote:

> FoT,
> At the Wine Country Classic I burned holes in two of the pistons on
> my TR-4A.  I am interest in what you racers would suggest as
> replacement pistons.  The engine was built about a year and half ago
> and dynoed at 165 hp.  It has Carrillo rods that were not damaged.
> Thanks.
> Ron Jacobs
> Western Eagle Racing

Bill Babcock