fot

[Fot] TR4 stock conn rod bolts

To: "'FOT'" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] TR4 stock conn rod bolts
From: "Tim Murphy" <timmurph@fastbytes.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2008 19:49:31 -0500
Forgot to ask in the last post about stock TR4 conn rod bolts.  I have one
"bad" one (goes in tight, either stretched or dinged threads that I can't
see).  Moss has bolts that apparently are made of the "unobtainium" that Mark
Donohue said Penske was using in the Can-Am cars back in the day because they
are $17 each.  Checked the ARP web site, didn't see anything but haven't tried
calling yet.  Can also call and ask about the washers.

Forgot to mention that I did look in McMaster Carr and MRC for the washers but
they didn't have the hardened and ground.  Sorry about that.  I don't think
the Gr. 8 washers are case hardened, not positive however.
Thanks again,

Tim