fot

Re: [Fot] Fuel cell vent

To: "marty sukey" <trmarty@hotmail.com>, "FOT" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Fuel cell vent
From: "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@spitfire4.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2008 18:08:28 -0500
Had the same issue here. Vent hose runs from top of fuel cell to a bulkhead
fitting through the trunk floor. First time I used it there were getting
panicked calls from corners that I was dumping fuel. (jeez, people, it
evaporates quickly.)

One solution, don't fill it full. But I also came up with another ... bought
a pair of really cheap work gloves at Wal-Mart, the brown cotton kind. Cut
off a finger and slipped it around the part of the bulkhead fitting that
sticks out under the trunk floor and safety-wired it there. It still vents,
even drips a bit when full, but it doesn't pour any more. Never had the
problem again.

--Rocky Entriken