fot

Re: [Fot] Wheels

To: "Terry Stetler" <tlizzard@msn.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Wheels
From: Bill Babcock <billbab@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2008 07:21:30 -0700
Steel wheels are starting to look really good to me--I guess I'm sick
of mags. I'm going to have to do some experimenting to see if I can
strengthen some properly. I was looking at a picture of Peyote the
other day with steel wheels on and realized how natural and how much
better it looks. Peyote with Painted mags is like me slouching around
in my greasy jeans and FOT T shirt wearing a pair of Ferragamos.

On Jul 25, 2008, at 4:38 AM, Terry Stetler wrote:

> Is this a race car or a street car?
>
> I have 6" revolutions on my TR3 street car and can't see how 7s
> would ever fit
> without flared fenders and some extreme offset to clear the rear leaf
> springs.
>
> Personally I'd like to find a set of 5" alloy or even steel wheels
> (if they
> would take the stock hubcaps).  I want to takes some stress off the
> old girl.
>
> Terry Stetler

Bill Babcock
Babcock & Jenkins