fot

Re: [Fot] "Tractoring"?

To: "WILLIAM TOBIN" <william.tobin3@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] "Tractoring"?
From: Bill Babcock <billbab@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 15:11:18 -0700
Yup. My favorite book on engines is Harry Ricardo's The High Speed
Internal Compustion Engine, which I think was first printed in 1922.
Plenty smart boy.

Of course tractor wheel spacing is dictated first by the crops and
expected field conditions and second by everything else. I don't
really know why tractors originally had that big positive camber, but
I understand the result on handling.