fot

Re: [Fot] Brands Hatch

To: tr4racing@googlemail.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] Brands Hatch
From: BillDentin@aol.com
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 15:44:59 EDT
In a message dated 07/30/2008 2:35:41 PM Central Daylight Time,
tr4racing@googlemail.com writes:

> Hi @ all,
>
> was at Brands Hatch racing.
>
> Race 1 I was black flagged because of smoking on the track
>
> Race 2 I had to retire after I melted a piston from 95 octane fuel
>
> No I have to rebuild that engine again.

Amici...

I done similar this past week end.  Blew an oil cooler on my TR3 in a
qualifying race at the AUTOBAHN (Joliet) on Saturday.  Car was running like a
Banshee.  I couldn't figure out why it was so bright and sunny in front of me,
and so
foggy in my mirrors.  Car was running great, albeit (eventually) about four
quarts of oil down.  We by passed the oil cooler for the Sprint Race.  Again
the car ran great, but by the end of the race I was reading twenty pounds of
oil
pressure.  Car still sounded GREAT.

On Sunday morning when we started it up it still sounded great but we had
zero oil pressure.  We're praying it is a faulty gauge or sending issue.

I think I'll install an oil pressure light.

Bill (Damdinger)