fot

Re: [Fot] Triumph Spitfire Racecar - $4750 (Evansville, WI)

To: "Mark J Bradakis" <mark@bradakis.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Triumph Spitfire Racecar - $4750 (Evansville, WI)
From: "Steven Preiss" <spreiss@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 01 Aug 2008 22:08:38 +1100
----- Original Message -----
From: "Mark J Bradakis" <mark@bradakis.com>
To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Sent: Friday, August 01, 2008 7:48 PM

> Well, this one is somewhat closer to my budget than a few of the other
cars
> that have made recent mention.  I would really like to have that Vitesse
> that
> was recently available, but with a starting bid of $25,000 that ain't
gonna
> happen.

You and every other drooling Triumph idiot.

> Then again, there are about 280 folks on the FOT list - if I charged each
> and every one of them say, $150 for a lifetime membership...

You deserve it!

> I have been starting to think about racing again.  I got burned out on it
> after my years of trying to keep IVR events at Wendover going, losing
> my job, blah blah blah.  I really should set a goal of getting a car out
> on Miller's track as soon as possible.  At least this week I got the
clutch
> sorted out on the beater white squaretail Spit, so I can start driving
that
> around town again.  That will be nice.

It certainly has been rewarding for me to have a TR for the street. Tonite
while sitting in my TR3 waiting for the right moment to fire it up and head
home from a "First Friday", three kids came walking by and took notice.
Without breaking stride the pre-adolescent girl in the group commented,
"That car is cold!" Not sure of the meaning of this comment I called back to
the group. "I hope that's a good thing". Her older brother replied
reassuringly, "It is, very!
The ride home was especially enjoyable.
Steve P.