fot

Re: [Fot] Intake manifold, long runner

To: timmurph@fastbytes.com
Subject: Re: [Fot] Intake manifold, long runner
From: "Joe Boruch" <jaboruch@netzero.net>
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2008 13:13:50 GMT
It is common for the manifolds to crack, especially since they are no longer
supported by the exhaust manifold when using headers and because the walls are
thin due to port matching.  Have the cracks welded and then have gussets
welded to the top of each runner and they will not crack again.  Joe(B)

-- "Tim Murphy" <timmurph@fastbytes.com> wrote:
Are there two different types of long runner intake manifolds?  I have one
that has 1-9/16 inch dia. engine ports and one with 1-3/8 inch dia. engine
ports.  Both are marked "STANPART 305744".  The one with the 1-9/16 ports
matches up to the head intake ports which are a bit bigger than 1-1/2 inch.
According to the Moss catalog there is only one long runner intake manifold,
which is used on late TR4's and TR4A's.  I either have to have the cracks
welded in the 1-9/16 one that I have, open up the ports on the 1-3/8 one I
have to match the head ports or find another 1-9/16 one to match the head
ports.  Anybody have a 1-9/16 port manifold they are willing to part with?
Are these all modified 1-3/8 port manifolds?

Thanks
Tim
1961 TR4 #317
Fot mailing list