fot

[Fot] rebuildable TR3A value?

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: [Fot] rebuildable TR3A value?
From: TeriAnn Wakeman <twakeman@razzolink.com>
Date: Sat, 09 Aug 2008 20:59:28 -0700
There is a TR3A (TS768 something) that might be up for sale.  The owner
is trying to sell his house and the 3 must go.  The vehicle is located
in the Santa Cruz, California.  If I went through the effort to rescue
it then turn it over I am wondering what a project TR3A is worth these days.

It was originally sold in France, resold to an American serviceman who
brought it to the States.  It was later sold to the present owner who
decided to restore it about 20 years ago.  He quickly discovered he
didn't have the body work skills so the project sat &  he restored a '55
T-bird that didn't need body work instead.

The car: 1960 BRG.  It appears to be a solid project vehicle that is at
least 90% complete. It needs new floor panels, may or may not need outer
sills.  There is a little rust here & there but most looks like surface
rust from  old unpainted primer.  The engine turns but has not been
fired up.  There are 2 gearboxes, one W/O overdrive & an overdrive box
without the overdrive.  It has painted wire wheels, the  steel factory
hard top, hood sticks, optional heater & tonneau cover.

There is a new uninstalled black interior kit and new installed carpet
kit plus unspecified new & used parts in boxes.  The body panels are
loosely bolted to the tub but it looks like a more solid base that the
car than mine was.  The instrument panel & steering wheel area appears
to be untouched and the seats seem solid.

Any ideas as to that this project car would be worth in today's market?
I'm trying to decide if it is worth the effort to dig out, go over it to
better ascertain condition, locate the assorted parts , see what's there
& put it up for resale.  I'm not thinking about top dollar, just a
reasonable price to someone who would restore it or convert it into a
race car.

Any thoughts?

Teriann