fot

Re: [Fot] TR3A Mag Wheels

To: malaboge@aol.com
Subject: Re: [Fot] TR3A Mag Wheels
From: "Chuck Arnold" <triosan@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 19:37:17 -0700
--===============1159200190==

------=_Part_22333_8760521.1219718237692

For 1969 SCCA regulations you could use up to 6" wide rims.

--
Chuck Arnold

------=_Part_22333_8760521.1219718237692

class="gmail_quote" style="border-left: 1px solid rgb(204, 204, 204); margin:
0pt 0pt 0pt 0.8ex; padding-left: 1ex;">
Wes-<br>
Indeed those are factory optional MAGNESIUM wheels.&nbsp; They came in 5&quot;,
5.5&quot; and 6&quot; width by 15&quot; for the big TR&#39;s.&nbsp; While not
common on the ground here, they are often seen on Ebay.&nbsp; The 5&quot;
wheels were not the most common size (5.5&quot; probably the most common) and
may be a bit more difficult to locate, but not impossible.<br>

I still use a set of them on my current TR4A.&nbsp; They were manufactured by
American Racing here in the states.<br>
Still rollin on &quot;vintage&quot; wheels...<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
 Nick in Nor Cal<br>
-----Original Message-----<br>
style="font-size: 12px;">In Australia, we are currently restricted to 5-inch
steel wheels (or optionally wires) primarily because that is what was available
during the period. Thumbing through some Triumph history books I came across a
photo of Lee Midgley racing in California using mag wheels. The caption says
"The magnesium wheels were a factory racing option which appeared on every
racing car until the introduction of the TR7". Assuming there is some truth to
the caption, does anyone recall anything about these wheels? In particular
would be interested in knowing what widths they were available in at the
time.<br>

Tahoma,Verdana,Arial,Sans-Serif; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"><pre
style="font-size: 9pt;"><tt>_______________________________________________
<a>http://www.team.net/donate.html</a>

Fot mailing list
<a>Fot@autox.team.net</a>

normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; font-size: 10pt;
line-height: normal; font-size-adjust: none; font-stretch: normal;"><hr
style="margin-top: 10px;">
<a title="http://mapquest.com/toolbar?ncid=mpqmap00050000000010";
href="http://mapquest.com/toolbar?ncid=mpqmap00050000000010";
target="_blank">Get the MapQuest Toolbar</a>. Directions, Traffic, Gas Prices
&amp; More!</font> </div>

target="_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
Fot mailing list<br>