fot

Re: [Fot] Watkins Glen The Legends Speak The FOT

To: Billb@bnj.com, BillDentin@aol.com
Subject: Re: [Fot] Watkins Glen The Legends Speak The FOT
From: N197TR4@cs.com
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 14:32:14 EDT
--===============1939705227==

--part1_c3c.3c91d03f.35e6f7ae_boundary

Bill,

I could be wrong and may stand corrected, but I thought I heard somewhere
that the Triumph Marque would lead off the Old Course with one lap and then the
rest will follow for a second. That would be VERY Special.  Dont hold me to
that. I might have been dreaming.

Joe A

> It was 150 cars last year,  and everyone that wanted to go, got to go. This
> year as one of the featured elements we might get some special treatment. I
> doubt they'll have us leading off the thing, but they might at least stick us
> all together.
>
> It was really fun, I wouldn't miss it. And Diane will need a ride for anyone
> that has an open seat (they wouldn't let her sit on Peyote's fuel cell, I
> can't imagine why). She is in NYC this week, visiting a friend, but she
>packed
> her leather helmet and goggles. Pictures, here, but a warning too, there are
> pictures of an injured LBC (more injured than I thought at the time. Tony
> Garmey is STILL working on Peyote to get it ready for Watkins Glen. I'm glad
> took it to Tony, it wouldn't have been ready, and for many, MANY reasons I
> don't want to miss this race). If you have a weak stomach you probably want
> have some Mylanta handy. Also I made a disparaging remark about the SVRA's
> handling of the accident that I apologized for later. I left the remark in
>place
> because the apology wouldn't make sense without it. <A
>HREF="http://www.allaluminumtour.com/?p=263";>
> http://www.allaluminumtour.com/?p=263</A>
>

> Bill

   </HTML>

--part1_c3c.3c91d03f.35e6f7ae_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=3D2 PTSIZE=3D10>Bill,
<BR>
<BR>I could be wrong and may stand corrected, but I thought I heard somewher=
e that the Triumph Marque would lead off the Old Course with one lap and the=
n the rest will follow for a second. That would be VERY Special. &nbsp;Dont=20=
hold me to that. I might have been dreaming.
<BR>
<BR>Joe A
<BR>
<BR>
<BR><BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=3DCITE style=3D"BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px solid; MARGIN-=
LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">It was 150 cars last year,=20=
&nbsp;and everyone that wanted to go, got to go. This year as one of the fea=
tured elements we might get some special treatment. I doubt they'll have us=20=
leading off the thing, but they might at least stick us all together.=20
<BR>
<BR>It was really fun, I wouldn't miss it. And Diane will need a ride for an=
yone that has an open seat (they wouldn't let her sit on Peyote's fuel cell,=
 I can't imagine why). She is in NYC this week, visiting a friend, but she p=
acked her leather helmet and goggles. Pictures, here, but a warning too, the=
re are pictures of an injured LBC (more injured than I thought at the time.=20=
Tony Garmey is STILL working on Peyote to get it ready for Watkins Glen. I'm=
 glad I took it to Tony, it wouldn't have been ready, and for many, MANY rea=
sons I don't want to miss this race). If you have a weak stomach you probabl=
y want to have some Mylanta handy. Also I made a disparaging remark about th=
e SVRA's handling of the accident that I apologized for later. I left the re=
mark in place because the apology wouldn't make sense without it. <A HREF=
=3D"http://www.allaluminumtour.com/?p=3D263";>http://www.allaluminumtour.com/=
?p=3D263</A>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>Bill
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR></FONT><FONT  COLOR=3D"#000000" BACK=3D"#ffffff" style=3D"BACKGROUND-COL=
OR: #ffffff" SIZE=3D3 PTSIZE=3D12 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=3D"Arial" LANG=
=3D"0"></BLOCKQUOTE>
<BR></FONT><FONT  COLOR=3D"#000000" BACK=3D"#ffffff" style=3D"BACKGROUND-COL=
OR: #ffffff" SIZE=3D2 PTSIZE=3D10 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=3D"Arial" LANG=
=3D"0">
<BR></FONT>   </HTML>