fot

[Fot] Nomination for Robert Johns Triumph Factory Driver 1957

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: [Fot] Nomination for Robert Johns Triumph Factory Driver 1957
From: N197TR4@cs.com
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 22:22:36 EDT
--===============0185926512==

--part1_bbe.31d6969c.35e765ec_boundary

Venerable FOT List,

I have a worthy nomination.

Robert Johns made his mark on the Triumph scene in the 50s. He made a
significant mark and then disappeared.

He drew enough attention to himself that he became a Factory Driver at the 12
Hours of Sebring in 1957. He was co-driver with Mike Rothschild.  (Mordy's
Father-In-Law)

He spent some time and gained experience overseas at venues such as the
Nurburgring. Robert submitted a short resume to the Committe at the Glen.
Perhaps
he will share some of that with us on this list, as his introduction.

He will be featured with The Legends Speak in the Glen, with Kas, Ed, & John.
Bob will also be spending time with us in the Triumph Paddock. I believe he
will be bringing some memorabilia from the 50s, which we will all enjoy seeing
and discussing.

Robert disappeared from the racing scene in the late 50s. He turned his
efforts to college, career and family. (Ford Motor Company)

Now retired, he has now has returned to be with us.  We are glad he is back.
He will add much to the 'Friends'.

Now, please, speak up with supporting 2nd.

Thank you,

Joe Alexander

   </HTML>

--part1_bbe.31d6969c.35e765ec_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=3D2 PTSIZE=3D10>Venerable FOT=
 List,
<BR>
<BR>I have a worthy nomination.
<BR>
<BR>Robert Johns made his mark on the Triumph scene in the 50s. He made a &n=
bsp;significant mark and then disappeared.=20
<BR>
<BR>He drew enough attention to himself that he became a Factory Driver at t=
he 12 Hours of Sebring in 1957. He was co-driver with Mike Rothschild. &nbsp=
;(Mordy's Father-In-Law)
<BR>
<BR>He spent some time and gained experience overseas at venues such as the=20=
Nurburgring. Robert submitted a short resume to the Committe at the Glen. Pe=
rhaps he will share some of that with us on this list, as his introduction.
<BR>
<BR>He will be featured with The Legends Speak in the Glen, with Kas, Ed, &a=
mp; John. Bob will also be spending time with us in the Triumph Paddock. I b=
elieve he will be bringing some memorabilia from the 50s, which we will all=20=
enjoy seeing and discussing.
<BR>
<BR>Robert disappeared from the racing scene in the late 50s. He turned his=20=
efforts to college, career and family. (Ford Motor Company)
<BR>
<BR>Now retired, he has now has returned to be with us. &nbsp;We are glad he=
 is back. He will add much to the 'Friends'.
<BR>
<BR>Now, please, speak up with supporting 2nd.
<BR>
<BR>Thank you,
<BR>
<BR>Joe Alexander