fot

Re: [Fot] Road America - Looking for a drive

To: "Greg - Lunker Hilyer" <lunkercars@earthlink.net>,
Subject: Re: [Fot] Road America - Looking for a drive
From: "Henry Frye" <henry@henryfrye.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2008 09:12:39 -0400
Greg,

I hope somebody comes up with a weekend saving offer for you! I always
wanted to make VSCDA's Fall Festival at Road America, hopefully some
day. Having paddocked next to you at the Glen I can happily endorse
Barley as the best dog in the paddock.

I would not dismiss the brake drums causing the vibration too quickly,
especially since you had to have them machined to open up the center
hole. That operation could have easily thrown them off balance.

My very high speed vibration was caused by the gearbox tailhousing bolts
working loose. I have since added snugging up those 6 bolts to my
between race weekend checklist and have been fine ever since. The
vibration did cause me to retire that gearbox case and rebuild into a
new one, but I felt the vibration at every track I ran.

Henry Frye
#04 TR4