fot

[Fot] Who would've thought

To: Fot@autox.team.net
Subject: [Fot] Who would've thought
From: Dlhogye@aol.com
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2008 20:56:22 EDT
--===============0075196327==

--part1_c73.3b292bac.3601afb6_boundary

FOT,
   I had no real idea of what I was getting myself into when I bought my TR3
last June. I just thought I'd build a great little car to go racing with and
meet some cool people along the way. It's going to take me awhile to get my car
on the track, hopefully I'll be able to run it next season, but I'm well on
my way to meeting some really cool folks. Thanks to Tim Suddard and Gary Hunter
at Classic Motorsport for pointing me towards FOT and thanks to Gary
Horstkorta and Joe Alexander for my nomination to the club. In a very short
amount of
time I've been gathering a wealth of information and making great connections
that will assist me in building a safe, more reliable and hopefully fast TR.
   I made the trip to Watkins Glen to meet people I've been writing to and
reading about, and to check out some racecars up close too. I spent Friday in
town and watched the different groups of cars begin their laps of the original
course on Franklin St. The first group started around 1:00, it was an all
Triumph group. There was at least eighty street cars in the group. After their
run
most of the cars went to Lafayette Park and were positioned on the lawn around
the pavilion where the Triumph "Legends" were to speak. It was a perfect day
in the park. There I was pleased to meet Kas Kasner, and the Master of the
FOT, I think I can call him that, Joe Alexander. Oh, and there, I was also
surprised to rub elbows with Brian Redman, a Legend indeed. The Legends Speak
was a
fantastic introduction into the lifestyle of Triumph and racing.
   The rest of the weekend was spent at the track meeting numerous "Friends"
and checking out some really sweet machines up close and going 'round the
track. It was also nice to meet Joe Richard's and see his very special car,
TS1.
All in all, it was a great turnout for the Triumph enthusiast. I'd like to
thank everyone for the meeting and for taking the time to share some TR stories
and information. I never would have thought owning a Triumph would lead so
quickly to this much pleasure and camaraderie.
   Thanks again,
    Dave Hogye
    Santa Cruz,CA.

**************
Psssst...Have you heard the news? There's a new fashion blog,

--part1_c73.3b292bac.3601afb6_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><HTML><FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" FACE=3D"Gen=
eva" FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" SIZE=3D"2">FOT, <BR>
&nbsp;  I had no real idea of what I was getting myself into when I bought m=
y TR3 last June. I just thought I'd build a great little car to go racing wi=
th and meet some cool people along the way. It's going to take me awhile to=20=
get my car on the track, hopefully I'll be able to run it next season, but I=
'm well on my way to meeting some really cool folks. Thanks to Tim Suddard a=
nd Gary Hunter at Classic Motorsport for pointing me towards FOT and thanks=20=
to Gary Horstkorta and Joe Alexander for my nomination to the club. In a ver=
y short amount of time I've been gathering a wealth of information and makin=
g great connections that will assist me in building a safe, more reliable an=
d hopefully fast TR. <BR>
&nbsp;  I made the trip to Watkins Glen to meet people I've been writing to=20=
and reading about, and to check out some racecars up close too. I spent Frid=
ay in town and watched the different groups of cars begin their laps of the=20=
original course on Franklin St. The first group started around 1:00, it was=20=
an all Triumph group. There was at least eighty street cars in the group. Af=
ter their run most of the cars went to Lafayette Park and were positioned on=
 the lawn around the pavilion where the Triumph "Legends" were to speak. It=20=
was a perfect day in the park. There I was pleased to meet Kas Kasner, and t=
he Master of the FOT, I think I can call him that, Joe Alexander. Oh, and th=
ere, I was also surprised to rub elbows with Brian Redman, a Legend indeed.=20=
The Legends Speak was a fantastic introduction into the lifestyle of Triumph=
 and racing. <BR>
&nbsp;  The rest of the weekend was spent at the track meeting numerous "Fri=
ends" and checking out some really sweet machines up close and going 'round=20=
the track. It was also nice to meet Joe Richard's and see his very special c=
ar, TS1. All in all, it was a great turnout for the Triumph enthusiast. I'd=20=
like to thank everyone for the meeting and for taking the time to share some=
 TR stories and information. I never would have thought owning a Triumph wou=
ld lead so quickly to this much pleasure and camaraderie.<BR>
&nbsp;  Thanks again,<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;  Dave Hogye<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;  Santa Cruz,CA.<BR>
</FONT><FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" FACE=3D"Geneva" FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" SIZE=3D"=
2"></FONT><BR><BR><BR>**************<BR>Psssst...Have you heard the news? Th=
ere's a new fashion blog, plus the latest fall trends and hair styles at Sty=
leList.com.<BR>      (http://www.stylelist.com/trends?ncid=3Daolsty000500000=
00014)</HTML>