fot

[Fot] Elkhart Lake Vintage Festival XXIII

To: fot@autox.team.net ('fot@autox.team.net')
Subject: [Fot] Elkhart Lake Vintage Festival XXIII
From: BillDentin@aol.com
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2008 10:58:44 EDT
--===============2080766034==

--part1_ca4.37246fba.3603c6a4_boundary

Amici...

In about an hour, the Beady Eye VINTAGE TRIUMPH Racing Team (in all its
glory) leaves for Road America and the XXIII version of VSCDA's Elkhart Lake
Vintage Festival.  We've been at all of them.

A second Pace Lap has been added to the Race Group 2 Feature Race on Sunday
morning.  The first Pace Lap will be run as a Tribute and Memorial to Uncle
Jack Drews.  It will be our version of a 'Missing Man' lap.  On the first lap,
the Pace Car will slow coming out of Canada Corner to collect the field.  The
post position (and all others behind in that row) will drop back one row,
leaving the #3 post position (driver's right, second row) vacant.  The Pace Car
will maintain a 50 mph (+/-) pace up the front straight and past the flag
bridge with that #3 post position spot vacant.    When the field gets to Turn
ONE,
they will spread out again and complete a traditional Pace Lap and the start
of the race.

While we (the FOT) would probably lobby to hold the #1 position vacant to
honor Uncle Jack (he certainly deserves that), a majority felt holding the #3
position open will be more visually effective.  Regardless, I hope it goes well
and we'll do it to honor Jack Drews.

Bill Dentinger

**************
Psssst...Have you heard the news? There's a new fashion blog,

--part1_ca4.37246fba.3603c6a4_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><HTML><FONT  COLOR=3D"#400040" SIZE=3D3 P=
TSIZE=3D12 FAMILY=3D"SERIF" FACE=3D"Baskerville Old Face" LANG=3D"0">Amici..=
.<BR>
<BR>
In about an hour, the Beady Eye VINTAGE TRIUMPH Racing Team (in all its glor=
y) leaves for Road America and the XXIII version of VSCDA's Elkhart Lake Vin=
tage Festival.&nbsp; We've been at all of them.<BR>
<BR>
A second Pace Lap has been added to the Race Group 2 Feature Race on Sunday=20=
morning.&nbsp; The first Pace Lap will be run as a Tribute and Memorial to U=
ncle Jack Drews.&nbsp; It will be our version of a 'Missing Man' lap.&nbsp;=20=
On the first lap, the Pace Car will slow coming out of Canada Corner to coll=
ect the field.&nbsp; The #3 post position (and all others behind in that row=
) will drop back one row, leaving the #3 post position (driver's right, seco=
nd row) vacant.&nbsp; The Pace Car will maintain a 50 mph (+/-) pace up the=20=
front straight and past the flag bridge with that #3 post position spot vaca=
nt.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; When the field gets to Turn ONE, they will spread out=20=
again and complete a traditional Pace Lap and the start of the race.<BR>
<BR>
While we (the FOT) would probably lobby to hold the #1 position vacant to ho=
nor Uncle Jack (he certainly deserves that), a majority felt holding the #3=20=
position open will be more visually effective.&nbsp; Regardless, I hope it g=
oes well and we'll do it to honor Jack Drews.<BR>
<BR>
Bill Dentinger<BR>
 </FONT><BR><BR><BR>**************<BR>Psssst...Have you heard the news? Ther=
e's a new fashion blog, plus the latest fall trends and hair styles at Style=
List.com.<BR>      (http://www.stylelist.com/trends?ncid=3Daolsty00050000000=
014)</HTML>