fot

[Fot] on the subject of Ambros...

To: Fubog1@aol.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: [Fot] on the subject of Ambros...
From: N197TR4@cs.com
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2008 10:58:57 EDT
--===============0558075777==

--part1_d20.3b38eb28.36124731_boundary

Glen,

It was the last AMBRO he built, while also restoring a historical home in
Elizabethtown, NY, into a B & B. He initial drove it on the street, but was
encouraged by Rosemary Remington to return to racing.

The body was, indeed, an early body and unbuilt when he found it on a tour of
the US in an MGB, with Rosemary in the late 80s

Bill  willed the car to his son, Robert, in Steamboat Springs, CO. Robert ran
the Ambro for a few years, sometimes with the support of Jack & Joe. Robert
painted the car Blue.

The AMBRO is now owned by Robert Stadel in eastern PA (?) and is supported by
Rich Rock and Bill Dewar (Triumph Rescue.

Robert Ames nows runs a Porsche.

Rosemary still runs the B & B in Elizabethtown.

Mr. Stadel, ran the AMBRO at the Glen.

Which reminds me, I think that I have a Third Place Award for Mr. Stadel in
Triumph Specials.

Joe Alexander

> So I'm looking at this photo that I took a few years ago at Mid-O, of
> Mr Ames & #57 green with white stripe. He was paddocked next to us, it
> was very nice to meet him & we had some interestion conversations over
> the weekend.
> Question- who owns this car now? It was an early one.
> Just curious
> Thanks
> Glen

   </HTML>

--part1_d20.3b38eb28.36124731_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=3D2 PTSIZE=3D10>Glen,
<BR>
<BR>It was the last AMBRO he built, while also restoring a historical home i=
n Elizabethtown, NY, into a B &amp; B. He initial drove it on the street, bu=
t was encouraged by Rosemary Remington to return to racing.
<BR>
<BR>The body was, indeed, an early body and unbuilt when he found it on a to=
ur of the US in an MGB, with Rosemary in the late 80s=20
<BR>
<BR>Bill &nbsp;willed the car to his son, Robert, in Steamboat Springs, CO.=20=
Robert ran the Ambro for a few years, sometimes with the support of Jack &am=
p; Joe. Robert painted the car Blue. &nbsp;
<BR>
<BR>The AMBRO is now owned by Robert Stadel in eastern PA (?) and is support=
ed by Rich Rock and Bill Dewar (Triumph Rescue.
<BR>
<BR>Robert Ames nows runs a Porsche.
<BR>
<BR>Rosemary still runs the B &amp; B in Elizabethtown.
<BR>
<BR>Mr. Stadel, ran the AMBRO at the Glen.=20
<BR>
<BR>Which reminds me, I think that I have a Third Place Award for Mr. Stadel=
 in Triumph Specials.
<BR>
<BR>Joe Alexander
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR><BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=3DCITE style=3D"BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px solid; MARGIN-=
LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">So I'm looking at this phot=
o that I took a few years ago at Mid-O, of=20
<BR>Mr Ames &amp; #57 green with white stripe. He was paddocked next to us,=20=
it=20
<BR>was very nice to meet him &amp; we had some interestion conversations ov=
er=20
<BR>the weekend.
<BR>Question- who owns this car now? It was an early one.
<BR>Just curious
<BR>Thanks
<BR>Glen
<BR></BLOCKQUOTE>