fot

[Fot] Leaky SU floats...

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: [Fot] Leaky SU floats...
From: BillDentin@aol.com
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 14:18:47 EDT
--===============1298898429==

--part1_bdf.3e78edcc.3613c787_boundary

Amici...

Periodic update on leaky SU floats perceived to be the result of additives
used currently in racing gas.

My racing partner, Bob Wismer, has treated several repaired SU floats with
POR-15, the rust preventative product often used to repair, restore, and seal
fuel tanks.  The treatment was no more sophisticated than dipping each end of
the float in the product.  While this does not seal the center seam, it does
appear to seal both tube ends, where the leaks in our floats have occurred.
We've since been through two events, without a failure.  We are very encouraged
by
this, and pass it along for what it is worth.

Bill Dentinger

**************
Looking for simple solutions to your real-life financial
calculators.

--part1_bdf.3e78edcc.3613c787_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><HTML><FONT  COLOR=3D"#400040" SIZE=3D3 P=
TSIZE=3D12 FAMILY=3D"SERIF" FACE=3D"Baskerville Old Face" LANG=3D"0">Amici..=
.<BR>
<BR>
Periodic update on leaky SU floats perceived to be the result of additives u=
sed currently in racing gas.<BR>
<BR>
My racing partner, Bob Wismer, has treated several repaired SU floats with P=
OR-15, the rust preventative product often used to repair, restore, and seal=
 fuel tanks.&nbsp; The treatment was no more sophisticated than dipping each=
 end of the float in the product.&nbsp; While this does not seal the center=20=
seam, it does appear to seal both tube ends, where the leaks in our floats h=
ave occurred.&nbsp; We've since been through two events, without a failure.&=
nbsp; We are very encouraged by this, and pass it along for what it is worth=
.<BR>
<BR>
Bill Dentinger<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
</FONT><BR><BR><BR>**************<BR>Looking for simple solutions to your re=
al-life financial challenges?  Check out WalletPop for the latest news and i=
nformation, tips and calculators.<BR>      (http://www.walletpop.com/?NCID=
=3Demlcntuswall00000001)</HTML>