fot

[Fot] Hallett FoT Update

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: [Fot] Hallett FoT Update
From: GSFuqua1@aol.com
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2008 14:17:10 EDT
Just thought I'd let everyone know how the weekend went at Hallett.  FoT had a
very small turn out but Bobby Whitehead and I waved the flag as well as we
could.  Both cars ran flawlessly, at least as far as I could tell, and we
finished all races including the Friday test & tune sessions.  Weather was
awesome.  Nice cool mornings with a little heat by afternoon but nothing
dramatic.  Bobby can give you his impressions but I was personally very pleased
with how things went.  My TR 4 # 69 (Old # 96) is not particularly geared well
for one of the tough corners at Hallett (Turn # 9 aka "The Bitch" but it does
very well on many of the other corners.  My times dropped consistently each
time out and I even managed to get them to be in a pretty consistent range when
not running into traffic or making a dumb shifting mistake.  Ha ha  Started out
the weekend around 1:43 and finished the weekend in the 1:38 range.  Had some
great battles with a particularly fast 62 MGA.  Finally dusted him good in the
points race by getting by him at the start.  He never saw me again.  YEA!!!
Still learning a ton of things but slowly getting better.  I even included a
small spin and a 2 wheel off on Friday.  No harm no foul and it gave me a boost
in confidence that I can experience these things without pinching a hole in my
suit and the car seat.  Ha ha

Last race of the year for me will be Oct. 31, Nov. 1 & 2 down at Texas World
Speedway in College Station.  Good Lord willing I will then remove the X and
get my license.

Cheers to all,

Gary Fuqua
Classic Sports Cars