fot

[Fot] TR 6 Trunion Oilers

To: Friends of Triumph <fot@autox.team.net>, Triumph List
Subject: [Fot] TR 6 Trunion Oilers
From: A Daniel Cronin <adcronin@ameritech.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 14:54:17 -0700 (PDT)
In the past there have been several "hints" on how and what to use on the
later TR Trunnions.  One suggestion was to use an pressure oil can (Harbor
Freight) and another was on the VTR web site and a posting under
www.vtr.org/maintain/trunnion-oil.shtml  I have been looking for the Mercury
Marine unit described in the VTR post and finally found and purchased four of
them which was the min. order they would supply.  So, I have three available
at cost ($20.00 plus shipping from 48336).  Very neat unit and uses any of the
various 10oz or so tubes of 80/90 wt gear oil with the 3/8" (+/-) threads
below the nozzle.  These tubes run from 5 to 8 $$.  If you would like one of
these pumps to assist in correctly lubricating the trunnions through the Zerk
fittings, let me know.  Shipping should be $8.00 or less depending on your
location.
Dan