fot

[Fot] FW: State of F1

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] FW: State of F1
From: michael cook <mlcooknj@msn.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2008 16:18:43 -0400
From: mlcooknj@msn.comTo: kaskas@cox.netSubject: RE: [Fot] State of F1Date:
Wed, 22 Oct 2008 15:44:50 -0400

What Kas is talking about is what works for NASCAR when they run on road
courses. Real racing with strong cars that don't depend on computers to drive
them. I get tired of the oval track NASCAR parades but you'll find me glued to
the set when they run at Infineon or the Glen. A lot of people seem to value
F1 primarily for its advanced technology. Yet the high tech level is what has
reduced the competition level. I watched a bunch of F1 races while Jaguar was
"competing" and most of them were nap time. No wonder his soap box is
splitting - there's two of us standing on it. Mike > From: kaskas@cox.net> To:
Billb@bnj.com; spitlist@cox.net> Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2008 12:34:16 -0700> CC:
fot@autox.team.net> Subject: Re: [Fot] State of F1> > Wind tunnels have an
amazing cost. Some teams have two full size running 24 > hours a day. Why?
Wings and other little flipitts that reduce drag or > create downforce. This
then is causing the worst situation which is the > passing from close
quarters. Easy fix. Eliminate ALL wings. Wind tunnel > time would be reduced
80% and passing and we'd have sliding cars to > amusement of the fans. Brakes
would be pressed to keep up with the top > speed as the cars would be vastly
faster down the chutes.> > The cars would also much cheaper to produce and the
spares would not be > necessary for $25,000 plus nose cones. But then of
course you would not have > the sign boards to display the sponsors name etc.
But if they go away > anyway, why not take the silly stubs and leafs and wings
with them. Reduce > the allowed telemetry and you save more engineer time and
work force along > with countless cost hours manufacturing all this junk. I've
got more, but I > see my soap box is splitting, so I will too.>