fot

Re: [Fot] State of Vintage Racing

To: <dos_gusanos@msn.com>, "Bill Babcock" <billb@bnj.com>, "RACER BUD"
Subject: Re: [Fot] State of Vintage Racing
From: "Barr, Scott" <sbarr@McCarty-Law.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2008 16:32:32 -0500
<< throwing them out there with the vintage cars just goes against my
sense of what's right  >>

Reminds me of the time our club (Midwestern Council) threw a quite
recent Formula 1 car and Indycar in with the vintage group at a race at
Road America.  I, um, had missed the drivers' meeting, where I'm sure
they warned everyone about this, because I was, er, still unloading my
car.  I made it to the grid after the first cars had pulled out, or I
would have seen them.  The first I knew of it was when I looked in my
mirrors near the end of the front straight and saw a tiny speck of a car
waaaaaaay back there and thought to myself "hey....does that car
have...wings??"  By the time I finished that thought, the tiny speck of
a car had grown large and loud and screamed past and through turn 1.

There's a bit of a difference between a Spitfire and an F1 car.
Especially at the end of the Road America front straight.