fot

[Fot] what about FOT?

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] what about FOT?
From: "BOB KRAMER" <rkramer3@austin.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2008 11:47:48 -0500
> Like I said earlier, if you take out all the Non Triumph racing related
> discussions over the past two weeks, you would scarcely be able to find
> anything on the FOT list at all.
>
> It sure would not be a very friendly place if we were all afraid of
> off-subject discussions.

> But I am just a member of this list.  What is your opinion on this issue,
> Joe A?

As one who is guilty of numerable gaffs on the list I will endeavor to
follow these rules:

1-I will clean up my replies to the list to save bandwidth.
2-I will include only relevant text from the previous messages using <text>
when I cut up paste it into my response.
3-I will put that relevant text on the top of my response so that others can
quickly see if they are interested.
4-I will fix up my subject lines to match the current version of the thread.
5-When replying to the list I will remove individuals from my To: and Cc:
boxes.
6-I will try to reply to the list only when I am adding something of value
to others (not to make myself feel smart).
7-I will continue to use the delete button judiciously (I have renamed mine
F1).
8-Rather than posting specific questions to the list I will choose a few
selected folks (much harder without Jack).
9-If I have a technical topic that benefits some in the group I will post to
the list.
10-I will try and remember to make sure I sign the bottom of my posts.

ps. I will be guilty of forgetting these rules from time to time, forgive
me.
pps. Am I posting to try and make myself feel smart? If use the delete
button NOW.

Bob Kramer, Austin TX
rkramer3@austin.rr.com