fot

Re: [Fot] Fot Digest, Vol 23, Issue 70

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] Fot Digest, Vol 23, Issue 70
From: George Harmuth <harmug@us.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 10:40:20 -0400
I use a non slip paper that was designed for porch steps. It's an adhesive
backed weather proof sandpaper that comes in stair tread sized, 6"x 24"
sheets. I cleaned the metal pedals and the floor directly below the pedals
where my heels rest and cut pieces to fit. I also put a small strip on a
section of the roll bar where I sometimes stand when I get in the car from
the passenger side. The strips stick for a year or two, and I keep a
section in the parts box to replace them at the track if needed. Strips
designed for a shower floor would work as well but I don't believe that
they have as much grip or come in a large sheet to cover the heel area.

> Susan Kahler  wrote:
>> ........I am sitting in my hotel room in Kentucky waiting to  close on
>> our new property Tuesday (although they are letting me move  in
>> tomorrow, yay!), and thinking about Tristan.  One of the  issues I have
>> with him is if I have any moisture on the soles of my  driving shoes
>> (like walking across dew-covered grass to get in him  for the first
>> practice session of the day) my heels slide on the  unpainted/uncoated
>> metal floorboard and I have to wipe the soles off  with paper towels.
>> Would spraying bedliner or some other  coating on the floorboard be
>> helpful, or is there a reason not  to?
>> Thanks!
>>
>> Susan

G. Michael Harmuth