fot

Re: [Fot] sway bars

To: <BillDentin@aol.com>, <lang@isis.mit.edu>, <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>,
Subject: Re: [Fot] sway bars
From: "Kas Kastner" <kaskas@cox.net>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2008 08:57:18 -0800
Stiffening the rear suspension on a beam axle car is a delicate situation as
you have no provision for negative camber (well, yes you can, but tapering
axle splines, bending the housing and all that is a chore) and thus getting
bite on the rear suspension is generally  making it softer not harder which
a rear bar will do.  There are a couple of fellows that have done this rear
bar mod and been very successful, but it does take a bunch of testing to get
it right. Dearching the rear springs is a start, then having the rear bar
adjustable can give a few more options in handling for various courses.