fot

[Fot] High Speed Idle Update

To: Friends of Triumph Triumph <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] High Speed Idle Update
From: Andre Rousseau <andre@gt6.ca>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2008 21:29:26 -0500
So, I took the advice from the group and made more gaskets for my carbs.

The leak was between the intake manifold and the TT adaptor plate for
my HS6's.

Seen here, http://www.gt6.ca/08/0405/slides/DSCN3425.html

I could see old fuel stains. I removed the carbs, then the TT plates,
cleaned everything up and set about making some new gaskets.

I used my ported intake as it was handy on my bench.

Once the new ones were fabbed up, I check my clearances with the
fitted carbs and TT plates.

This time I also used some locktite to secure everything.

Question, I used a thin cork for this new gasket, when I finally fit
the new intake and a heat shield, should make yet another set of
gaskets between the plate and shield. Should I use a thinner material?

Oh the results. She started right up, almost no choke and idled at 1K
very nicely. Before that there was lots of choke, she was surging up
and down and if you blipped the gas she'd die. Oh and nothing below
1500 would last long.

I will re-check the carbs and do another balance job for good measure.

Thanks.

A.

--
Andre Rousseau - andre@gt6.ca