fot

Re: [Fot] TR4 rear main seal

To: "J.C. Hassall" <jhassall@blacksburg.net>, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] TR4 rear main seal
From: "CHIP COLLINGWOOD" <tr6racer21@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 18:56:21 -0500
Jim,

Curious why you would put main bearings in a motor that you race or exert
more than a street car without having the crank checked for out of round or
the block for alignment. My experience has taught me that the main and rod
bearings take a set to the crank and that putting a set of new bearings on
an unchecked crank is a recipe for disaster.

Chip