fot

Re: [Fot] Was Weber carbs now SU Questions now Spit Clutch Release

To: <Herald948@aol.com>, <gaf3@charter.net>, <mark@bradakis.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Was Weber carbs now SU Questions now Spit Clutch Release
From: "Joe Curry" <spitlist@cox.net>
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2008 12:10:08 -0700
I think there is a mistake in the identification of the part that causes the
difference.  The alloy bell housings are cast identically to the steel ones
so that should not make a difference.

That said, there typically is a difference in thickness of the alloy
flywheel as opposed to the steel ones.  Of course it depends entirely on
which alloy flywheel we are talking about.  The one I got from Ted is
definitely thicker than the stock steel flywheel.

Joe C.