fot

[Fot] HELP! From Hawaii, and Happy Thankgiving

To: "N197TR4@cs.com" <N197TR4@cs.com>
Subject: [Fot] HELP! From Hawaii, and Happy Thankgiving
From: "robert smith" <rsrpsmith@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 10:53:19 -1000
Aloha, all. Just a quick note to say happy holidays, let you guys know
that TS1 made it safe and sound to Hawaii, and ask for some race car
assistance. I have a Triumph Spitfire that was Bob and Jimmy Coan's
ex-race car, and I was doing very well with it at Hawaii's only race
track, which is an autocross cross course near Hilo. Then, I broke the
pinion gear, and maybe messed up a ring gear too. This car has an IRS
set up, and the third member I need has a stamping on it that is
either: FC16959, or EC16959. This is the stamping on the snout of the
two piece differential. What I would like to do is either have my
existing unit rebuilt, but with a 4:11 ratio for our little autocross
track, or buy a unit that will fit and is already geared low, in the
range of 4:11. This car was originally built as a mainland track car,
so changing the gear ratio is something I needed to do anyway in order
to get quicker starts off the line, and be able to climb to more gears
than just second during these SCCA autocross events on our track!
Thanks in advance for your reply, and a sincere "aloha" and happy
holidays to all from the islands. Robert P. Smith, Volcano, Hawaii