fot

Re: [Fot] SVRA to require head and neck restraints

To: JWoesvra@aol.com, sgroh1@comcast.net, henry@henryfrye.com,
Subject: Re: [Fot] SVRA to require head and neck restraints
From: BillDentin@aol.com
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 14:47:32 EST
In a message dated 01/14/2009 1:23:00 PM Central Standard Time, JWoesvra
writes:

> Prewar cars are not required to have roll bars and shoulder harnesses. You
> cannot use a HANS device without those.

Jack...
SVRA must like the racers in the other groups better than they do the racers
in the  Prewar Group?

I realize SVRA has nothing but GOOD INTENTIONS with this issue.  But I have
to ask, why not insist on the same safety concerns (roll bars, shoulder straps,
head restraints) for the Prewar racers.  I am being facetious.  I know the
answer.  No one wants to butcher those cars up, and no one wants to chase them
away.  There's already too many gorgeous prewar cars missing from our events
who used to come regularly.

A parallel thought...I can't imagine any way to mandate safety equipment to
make motorcycle racing safe.  If people are not allowed to make some personal
decisions, one has to wonder why it is allowed at all.

Bill Dentinger

A Good Credit Score is 700 or Above. See yours in just
2 easy steps!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100000075x1215855013x1201028747/aol?redir=http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072%26hmpgID=62
%26bcd=DecemailfooterNO62)