fot

[Fot] Quantumechanics

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: [Fot] Quantumechanics
From: Bobby Whitehead <igofaster@charter.net>
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2009 21:41:09 -0500
Just received my transmission back from John @ Quantum Mechanics for my race
GT6. Last year, I blew the front part of the clutch @ TWS @ speed... no more
shifting. I was picking up some brass shavings in the gear oil on the last few
events. Forth gear synchronizer was destroyed too.
Not being able to get much top end, and CVAR wanting Triumph only components,
John suggested and installed the "J" type overdrive on my transmission...
wow... pretty big overdrive unit.
By the way, John rebuilt my transmission , again, for free, the input shaft
bearing was enlarged, again, and I believe other work was done to the output
shaft and bearings. John set me up with a 25% reduction on the J type, this
should put me where I would like to be on top end.
Install starts tomorrow as I've been working my store for too many days ( I own
a pawnshop)... sorry folks, a pawnbroker amongst the group... hope I didn't
scare anybody with that bombshell...
I know I have to shorten the driveshaft again and I'm on a timeline as our
first event with CVAR is February 20...   I'll keep ya'll  (yes I'm from Texas)
posted.

Bobby Whitehead
#53 Triumph GT6 CVAR