fot

[Fot] Columbia river Classic Road Race website

To: FOT Triumph <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] Columbia river Classic Road Race website
From: Bill Babcock <Billb@bnj.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2009 23:55:53 -1000
I'm working on the organizational issues for the FOT/Kastner Cup focus
event at the Columbia River Classic Road Race at Portland
International Raceways, Sept 5 - 7, 2009. I have started setting up a
website to post news of the event, pictures of the cars that will be
attending, etc. There's not much there yet, but that will change
quickly. You'll be able to post pictures of your car(s) and bios about
both your car and yourself. I'll make it easy to do--a simple form-
based system. It would be great to have your pics whether you are
racing or driving your triumph or TR-powered car to the event. Gather
up some good pics of your car.

The site is at http://www.crclassic.com

The CRC shares that date and venue with the All British Field Meet,
which is one of the largest confabulations of brit cars in the
Northwest. It winds up being a pleasantly crowded event, with british
cars everywhere, a vendor row and an autojumble. Besides three solid
days of racing, and a test and tune day put on by the Lotus club on
Sept 4 for the seriously track crazy, there will be a tremendous
amount of stuff to see and do.

It's also a very full racing slate, you'll have more track time than
you know what to do with. We've been promised a special Triumph race
if we have a good turnout. I don't think we'll have much problem
getting that, this is a very special event.

I'm also working on a full-on autocross event. There will be some fine
parties, and you should start putting together your vintage outfits.
One of my fondest memories of Uncle Jack was when he turned up with
Joe at a big CRC party wearing a Full Cleveland leisure suit--contrast
stitching, superfly collar, white belt and shoes. I asked him where he
got it and he said "from my closet".

Start planning folks, this is going to be fun. You east coasters--
grease up that trailer ball and let's roll. As John (Bluto) Blukarski
said, "when everything is going to hell there's only one thing to do:
Roadtrip!"

Bill Babcock
Billb@bnj.com
503.936.7660