fot

Re: [Fot] help, please!

To: RLEslEagle@aol.com, Gasket Works <gasket.works@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] help, please!
From: EDWARD BARNARD <edwardbarnard@prodigy.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 08:46:13 -0800 (PST)
Dick: Who rebuilt the carburetors? You say the shafts and bushings have been
replaced and there is no leakage around the shafts, but, do the throttle plates
(butterfly's) close completely? When new shafts are installed they need to be
drilled for the cross pin which holds the throttle stop arm. If that is drilled
in the wrong location the throttle stop will come to rest on the idle screw
perch, but the throttle plate can still be open. Also, the plates can be in the
shafts backwards, with the chamfer facing the wrong way, which will cause the
throttle plate to not close completely. Check it out and let us know.
Good luck - Ed Barnard-