fot

[Fot] TR4 race car for sale

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] TR4 race car for sale
From: "Henry Frye" <henry@henryfrye.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2009 11:54:30 -0500
I talked with JK Jackson yesterday, he told me Bill Forbes TR4 racecar
is for sale.

Bill was JK's racing buddy, he passed away December 2007. Bill was a
very talented machinist, and was responsible for making lots of the
trick stuff he and JK devised over the years. I have to believe Bill's
car is a trick item. JK got a call from Bill's family, apparently the
car needs a new home. I have no idea what the family is asking.

The car is a TR4 tub on a TR4A-IRS chassis. All steel panels. Bill
hillclimbed the car, so the car has an extensive roll cage. The car ran
3 events in 2007. Bill was faster than JK in 2 of the 3 events, that
says something. The car last ran in December 2007. It has a JK OD
gearbox, a welded 4.10 rear, a set of 15X7 Minilites with race tires,
another set of 7 inch wheels, tons of spares, etc.

As my slant on this obsession is Vintage road racing, I asked a few
questions and it seems to me to be Vintage legal one may need to rework
the cage (not many halo cages where I race) and either remove the slight
fender flares or BS you way through tech with clubs that don't like
flares. (Sorry Jack) Oh yeah, and scare up some 6" wide wheels.

Please direct any interest to JK at 850.575.9372. That is his shop
number, he's usually there 9-5, M-F. No answering machine, and no, JK
does not do email...

Cheers