fot

Re: [Fot] TR4 standard composite HD thickness?

To: mdporter@dfn.com
Subject: Re: [Fot] TR4 standard composite HD thickness?
From: Larry Young <cartravel@pobox.com>
Date: Wed, 04 Mar 2009 14:22:31 -0600
A couple of years ago, I spent a whole day trying to measure this under
torque (retired engineer with too much time). I first measured the
distance of piston to the deck. I then used the old idea of clay on top
of the piston to determine piston to head clearance.  I discovered that
clay is a bit springy and found that plastigage works better.  I
determined 0.050" is a pretty good number, but I would put a plus or
minus 0.002.  This was for the standard Payen composite gasket.
Larry Young