fot

[Fot] Back in time anyone?

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] Back in time anyone?
From: "Mark Pendergrass" <mpendy@dishmail.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 08:38:35 -0700
I am feeling a bit more comfortable with the FOT family, so here i go. My car
is a 63 tr4 that was given to me as a gift by my three kids about 4 yrs
ago.(needless to say i luuv my kids.) The car came with scca log books dateing
back 1972. Up until i aquired the car it,spent it's life back east. So i am
trying to trac down some history. I'll try and make it short. Original issue
March 17 1972.Raced by a Mr. Thomas Myers from March ' 72 to Sept. 1978. At
that time the car was white in color and ran #2 D prod.He ran at Blackhawk,
Aspen,Chicago, Indy, Limerock. Log Book transferred in March of 1995 to a Mr.
Jerry Mowery, I believe he is/ was a Lt. Col. in the armed forces.He raced
from Mar. 1996 to Sept 1999, primarily at Summit Point. Not sure on the car #.
Car was still white in color, polished slotted mags, large air dam with a
brit. flag logo. ran E prod. Another log transfer in Sept. 98. at which time
it appears the car got a major facelift ie; fiberglass panels,hood(bonnet)
deck lid, fenders, quarters,doors.(remember when i said Mr. Shelby did'nt like
the slicks?) Now you know the rest of the story!! Any way, I have some
reference that around Sept. 2001 a Mr. John Breland or a Richard Breland ran
the car in the Atlanta Region area.Car # changed to #65 at around the facelift
time, plus blue stripes were added. Car was aquired from a Mr. Ralph Janssen
in Atlanta Georgia and brought out to the west coast to it's new home.Home
track is PIR. Do any of the long time racers out there remember this old hot
rod? Ever been on the track with her? I am pretty certain i had found a phone
# for Mr. Lowery and did try and contact him,left a message to no avail.Just
thought i would throw this out their, please let me know if anyone has some
input, really am curious. Thanks Mark Pendergrass