fot

[Fot] Short Version: Harmonic Dampener Question

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: [Fot] Short Version: Harmonic Dampener Question
From: Robert Lang <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2009 10:11:23 -0400 (EDT)
Hi,

I guess I was too wordy (again) with my question so...

If a harmonic dampener works loose (this is TR6, but the concept probably
carries across the range), is it a given that the crank is toast?

In my case the dampener wiggled enough while loose so that it hammered the
key for the crank dampener.

Any opinions are welcome.

I'm trying to decide if I buy a fancy dampener whether I'll just wreck
that by installing it on a crank that is possibly beyond its service life.

Thanks!
rml
Bob Lang              NER/SCCA                 |  This space for rent
Solo Chair 2008       TR6 40 F Prepared        |  Triumph!
Voice:781-438-2568    FAX: 617-258-9535        |  Cell: 339-927-4489