fot

[Fot] Gearbox woes

To: Fot@autox.team.net
Subject: [Fot] Gearbox woes
From: norlinengineering@comcast.net
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2009 16:30:02 +0000 (UTC)
Well, my "woohoo" was premature.B  We broke a tailshaft housing on the GT6
gearbox in our Spitfire.B  This happened last year as well.B  In the past, I
remember tracing this to the nut on the output shaft working loose, but I'm
pretty sure that isn't the case here.B  I will get the driveshaft rebalanced
when I replace the housing.B  Has anyone else had this problem and can you
recommend a permanent fix?B  Has anyone tried to strengthen these housings or
add an intermediate mount or??

Thanks in advance.

Jim Norlin