fot

Re: [Fot] towing and DOT

To: Joe Boruch <jaboruch@netzero.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] towing and DOT
From: fpspitfire@comcast.net
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 14:47:23 +0000 (UTC)
A couple years ago the MazdaTrix guys were headed to runoffs and had their
Toterhome/trailer impounded at a DOT inspection station in Arizona for not
complying with the regs.B  The rig wasn't released until a licensed commercial
driver showed up to take it away.

There is a big gray area with racers tow vehicles and the requirements.B
Certainly in the SCCA world because of contingencies it is considered
commercial.

I think someone else was hit for violating the per axle weight on a toter on
the Pennsylvania turnpike.

The regs are too confusing for me.B  I'll keep the 16' trailer and explorer to
tow with

aaron johnson

#87 HP spitfire 1500

southern illinois region scca