fot

Re: [Fot] Water after 5-6 hard laps filling overflow and such

To: "Diesel Performance Parts Inc. - Info" <info@dieselperformanceparts.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Water after 5-6 hard laps filling overflow and such
From: Michael Porter <mdporter@dfn.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 11:21:01 -0600
Diesel Performance Parts Inc. - Info wrote:
> Morning Members,
>
> Got a 1300 Spitfire engine that will run great for 4-6 laps and then
> fills the water overflow and starts to spit water out. Can't find a head
> gasket issue, head isn't cracked, no water in the crankcase at all
> either. Everyone I ask is baffled. HELP,  tired of driving 500 miles to
> race and have this keep causing bad weekends!!!

If the engine isn't overheating until the loss of coolant is excessive,
have done all the checks to rule out leaking exhaust gases pressurizing
the system, etc., I would take a long, hard look at the water pump.  I
once had a similar problem, and it turned out that the seal was worn in
such a way that it would not leak coolant, but, would suck outside air
in.  At first, it was very perplexing, but, once the pump was replaced,
the problem disappeared.

Cheers.

--

Michael Porter
Roswell, NM

Never let anyone drive you crazy when you know it's within walking distance....