fot

[Fot] Higher performance from rear drum brakes?

To: 'Friends of Triumph' Triumph <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] Higher performance from rear drum brakes?
From: Scott Janzen <s.janzen@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2009 11:55:20 -0400
I'm hoping to get better stopping out of my GT6 braking system - it
runs stock calipers up front with Hawk Blue pads, which I am satisfied
with,  Dual masters with balancing bar, everything in the system in
excellent condition.  Having read Kas' recommendations on tuning up
the braking system, I realized my rear drums have been turned so many
times that the stock shoes probably have about one point of contact!
I plan to get "new" drums to get the diameter down to spec, and am
wondering if there is a supplier for rear shoes with a better friction
material than stock.

Any suggestions or lessons learned on the other TR models?  I run
vintage and need/want to stay with stock calipers, disc/drum set-up,
etc.