fot

Re: [Fot] F1 on Fox

To: Joe Curry <spitlist@cox.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] F1 on Fox
From: Robert Lang <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2009 09:42:57 -0400 (EDT)
On Mon, 1 Jun 2009, Joe Curry wrote:

> The downside is that the FOX announcers tend to talk down to the audience as
> if we didn't know anything about F1. (Not to mention that we can't get up in
> the middle of the night to watch it live)

Near as I can figure (and from what Varsha, Hobbs and Machett were saying
at Monoco), the announcers are the same for the Fox broadcast and the
Speed production. They do add some more color and comment because the
network probably figures that Joe SixPack watches F1 in total shock owing
to 6 second pit stops and cars that weigh less than 1/3 the NASCAR
tanks...

:-)

But FWIW, Fox owns Speed and they're using the same announcers for the
next 4 races.

My only comment - don't use that GenX dude with the messed up hair to
replace Peter Windsor in the pits... that would be tragic, indeed.

> Joe C.

regards,
rml
Bob Lang              NER/SCCA                 |  This space for rent
Solo Chair 2008       TR6 40 F Prepared        |  Triumph!
Voice:781-438-2568    FAX: 617-258-9535        |  Cell: 339-927-4489