fot

Re: [Fot] TR3 suspension question

To: Fot@autox.team.net, Randall <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] TR3 suspension question
From: EDWARD BARNARD <edwardbarnard@prodigy.net>
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2009 11:29:44 -0700 (PDT)
Incorrect. For the purest's. the TR3 caliper is a direct bolt on to the TR6
caliper bracket. The TR3 caliper, rotor and hub can be retained. To do the mod
one needs the TR6 upper A arms, vertical link, trunnion, and upper ball joint.
You can use all the urethane bushes from a "6", even on the lower-inner A
arms. One thing that must been retained from the "3" is the steering arm. The
hole for the tierod end is a different diameter. Luckily, they bolt right up.
The arms are of different heights (and lengths) which helps when you are
trying to adjust bump steer, but if using the TR6 steering arm you need a
tierod with a larger diameter pin. I think, but am not 100% sure my memory
serves me correctly, a Stag tierod will work.
Thanks - Ed -