fot

Re: [Fot] break-in oil

To: "Mark Pendergrass" <mpendy@dishmail.net>, "friends of triumph"
Subject: Re: [Fot] break-in oil
From: "J.C. Hassall" <jhassall@blacksburg.net>
Date: Fri, 05 Jun 2009 21:41:34 -0400
At 11:37 AM 6/5/2009, Mark Pendergrass wrote:
>FOTrs; Would Delo 400 15-40 be suitable for a break-in oil and would a person
>leave it in for a race weekend. I do have a reground cam and new lifters.
>Would a person still put an additional ZDDP additive.Thank You in advance.
>Mark Pendy #65

Isky **strongly** recommended Brad Penn Break-In Oil.  They said
failing that, Valvoline Racing Oil 20W-50 (NOT the "VR-1 Racing Oil)
or Penzoil.  My local NAPA store can get Joe Gibbs oil, but Gibb's
website says the oil should be pre-heated to 160 for full
effectiveness.  Yeah, I can hear it now: "Far up the grill, boys,
we're gonna cook us up some oil."  I found a source for the Brad Penn
juice, will look for it if you need their number in VA.

jim

--
J.C. Hassall
Blacksburg VA