fot

[Fot] Vintage racer - any one know him?

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: [Fot] Vintage racer - any one know him?
From: "spitfiresuz@141.com" <spitfiresuz@141.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 11:19:19 -0400
Hi gang!

Some HQ folks from the government program I work for came down for a big
meeting yesterday, and we ended up all going to dinner. During dinner, I
found out one of the guy's fathers raced a TR-3 (and several other cars)
back in the day! My HQ guy grew up crewing for his dad and learned how to
drive on an Alfa Romeo Berlina (extremely small world, as I almost learned
to drive on my dad's Berlina, but ended up learning on a neighbor's Vega
and my grandmother's Skylark).

Unfortunately, he did not remember his dad's numbers, but his name was
Harold Richmond and they raced with SCCA and in the north-eastern and
central areas -- he made mention of some course I had never heard of in
Canada. He said they also did hillclimbs.

Anyone remember or know of a Harold Richmond (he passed away in 1975)?

Thanks,
Susan     :)