fot

Re: [Fot] Nomination and brief race report

To: "Norlin Engineering" <norlinengineering@comcast.net>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Nomination and brief race report
From: "Jerry Van Vlack" <jerryvv@roadrunner.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 07:36:01 -0400
I'll second that for certain.
Mark is a son-in law of a friend here in Hudson, OH. That car has some
significant provenance having been raced almost all of it's life.
Significant Mid-West / Chicago history. It was restored at one time by Bill
Lynn of VTR fame and another Chicago man but I don't remember his name. I
had a history of the car at one time and lost it in a hard disc crash. I may
still have it on another computer. If not Mike may have it or I can get it
from his father-in-law. The father-in-law has 1 of 2 TR2's that I'm aware of
painted in the original Geranium (pink) color. Nice car too.
His father, Leo Mehl was Goodyear's Racing Tire Director for many years and
I believe he was also involved in IRL stuff for awhile. So the car as well
as the owners have a rich racing history.
It will make a nice race car.
I need to find that history too. May have some surprise in there.

JVV