fot

Re: [Fot] Lever shock oil volume?

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] Lever shock oil volume?
From: Mark Eginton <markconsultation@twcny.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Jul 2009 10:42:03 -0500
I had to smile when I read this and remembered my dad telling me "just
run STP in the rear shocks". This is how I learned how to drive the car
over the 40 some years I have been driving it. I still run it that way
frankly with the STP he put in the shocks "just because" although the
valves have probably compensated over the years and miles. I have new
shocks in my stash but never felt the need to change anything - I know
the car so well as it is and I like the balance. I will tell you that
its getting tough crossing railroad tracks at speed in my old age...

I am quite sure that there are more enlightened thought process since
the late '50s and early '60s when my dad raced my TR3 so I am not
suggesting this as a course of action. In fact in my TR6, the first
thing I did was design and fabricate a bolt-in (stock mount points)
conversion to Koni's...

Best to all...