fot

[Fot] Mystery Calipers-Thanks! Three & Four Pot Jaguar Calipers +

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: [Fot] Mystery Calipers-Thanks! Three & Four Pot Jaguar Calipers +
From: N197TR4@cs.com
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 08:59:00 EDT
Lots of replies. Thanks!

Concensus seems to be that 3 and 4 pot Jaguar Calipers were used
successfully with Jaguar Vented Rotors on Triumphs.

A frequently conversion on the TR250 and the TR6, but can be retrofitted to
TR3 & TR4.

The three pot calipers may have been used on other applications such as
Rover & Volvo...which would be no surprise.

Another question would be if 'race' quality pads are available.....

Thanks, Joe Alexander

PS:  This is not for me, but perhaps something to consider if the
conversion is simpler and represents additional safety.

PPS: I put the Toyota conversion on the AMBRO. TOYOTA CALIPERS appear to be
a proven configuration, but I DISCOVERED THAT IN SOME CASES THE FLEX LINE
CAN BE POSITIONED SO IT HAS INTERFERENCE  DURING THE FULL RANGE OF MOTION OF
STEERING AND VERTICAL MOTION. IT OCCURS TO ME THAT THIS COULD BE MISSED
DURING INSTALLATION.