fot

Re: [Fot] spindle shims

To: "Mark Pendergrass" <mpendy@dishmail.net>, "friends of triumph"
Subject: Re: [Fot] spindle shims
From: "Geoff Byrne" <gkbyrne@optushome.com.au>
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 09:11:41 +1000
Mark
i had a lot of trouble with the shims in my TR6 race car . The small shims
of .002 and .005 where getting crusted under racing loads and being spat out
. I believe the contact surface was too small for the loads . I fixed the
proplem by machining off  1/8 from the spacer them making up a thicker shim
and hand fitting. Takes a lot of patience to get it right by surface
grinding a bit at a time off the small shim. You must have .002 clearance or
you will have bearing problems . How do I know???
Geoff Byrne
TR6 racer down under